Agencies that offer internships to park and recreation students can post information on this page for free. Please e-mail announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Recreation Therapy Internship program at Atascadero State Hospital has been designed to equip students who go through this program with the skills, knowledge and confidence necessary to successfully function as a Recreation Therapy professional in a variety of settings. DSH-Atascadero is a maximum-security psychiatric forensic hospital. The all-male population ranges in age from 18 years and older. Most of our patients have committed some type of felony, suffer from a major mental illness, some type of personality disorder, and often have substance abuse problems. Security is a top priority and all interns receive security and safety related training before working with the patients. For additional information and application and exact deadlines email: email@example.com
- The Ranch (Belvedere-Tiburon Recreation), located in the San Francisco Bay Area has internship opportunities available for interested students in recreation programs and services, facilities, special events, general office administration and operations. The Ranch is a small recreation agency with less than 25 employees offering programs for children, adults, and seniors. Interns will receive one-on-one professional counseling, practical experience, gain valuable leadership and service skills. Interns are paid $14/hour. For more information, please contact the Assistant Recreation Director, Sherry Burchert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parks Internship at Chico Area Recreation and Park District: One parks internship each spring, summer, and fall. Well rounded program with exposure to parks administration, budgeting, scheduling, hands-on parks and facilities maintenance and operations, special event planning and set-up, and capital projects. For information, email Steve Visconti at: email@example.com
- The City of Concord is recruiting to fill a Student Internship vacancy in the Parks and Recreation Department. This position is open to current college students who have completed their coursework and are looking to fulfill their undergraduate program internship requirements to obtain a B.S. or B.A degree in Recreation or similar field. To be considered for this internship program, submit a cover letter and resume to Program Coordinator Jorey Scott. The cover letter should include the student's availability, required hours, and timeframe they need to work within to complete their internship requirements. Cover letter and resumes may be submitted to Jorey.Scott@cityofconcord.org or in person at the Willow Pass Community Center, 2748 E. Olivera Road, Concord, CA 94519.
- The City of Cotati is offering virtual internship opportunities for the fall and spring seasons. Interns work closely with the Recreation Coordinator and Manager to accomplish a variety of tasks and goals. Email your resume and cover letter to: Ashley Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Town of Danville Recreation, Arts & Community Services Department is currently accepting interns for our Recreationship program. A Recreationship consists of gaining experience in many areas of recreation including: Youth, Teens, Adults, Seniors, Cultural Arts, Sports & Fitness, Volunteers, and Facilities Management. This program is open to current college students who have completed their coursework and are looking to fulfill their undergraduate program internship requirements to obtain a B.S. or B.A. degree in Recreation or a similar field. Salary starts at $11 an hour. For more information, please contact Program Supervisor, Jessica Wallner at email@example.com.
- City of Fremont Parks & Recreation - ongoing option - internships available for the Fall and Spring semesters. Some positions are paid, many are volunteer. Please e-mail Rena Dein, firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details.
- The Isla Vista Recreation & Park District (next to UCSB campus) has non-paid internship opportunities available that offer exposure to recreation and parks administration. Learn how each department of the District works, and how each department fits into the big picture of the Park District. Credits may be available through some schools. For more information, please email Internship Supervisor, Angela Kamm at email@example.com
- Sacramento Children's Home has TR internship opportunities each semester and summer. $1500 stipend and certified RTC preceptor will supervise. Supervised by CTRS. E-mail John Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of San Leandro Recreation and Human Services Department has ongoing internship opportunities available to meet your recreation degree requirements or personal career enhancement goals. Interns will work closely with one or more Recreation Supervisors and may gain valuable experience in youth programs, summer camps, aquatics, sports, contract classes, special events, customer service, CLASS software, facility management, parks, program development, budgeting, marketing, commissions, and more. Please email email@example.com with a letter of interest, resume, references, and your internship and/or career goals. Some hours may be available for compensation.
Stanislaus County is recruiting to fill a paid Student Internship vacancy in the Parks and Recreation Department. This position is open to current college students who have completed their coursework and are looking to fulfill their undergraduate program internship requirements to obtain a B.S. or B.A degree in Recreation or a similar field. To be considered for this internship program, submit a cover letter and resume to Marketing Coordinator, Heidi Hidalgo. The cover letter should include the student's availability, required hours, and the timeframe they need to work within to complete their internship requirements. Cover letter and resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Sunnyvale Department of Library and Recreation Services is seeking several interns (each semester) to assist in the following work units: 1) Marketing & Events; 2) Arts and Senior Center; 3) Youth & Teens; and 4) Youth & Family Resources. At least one intern will be selected to work in each unit. The intern will have a special project that will be their main assignment as well as assist the work unit with other programs, activities or projects. The internship is designed to meet at least 480 hours in a minimum of 13-14 weeks. If University programs require additional hours, this internship is flexible to add hours to meet most requirements. Pay is $22 per hour. Apply here >>
- Tahoe City Public Utility District has internships available. Internships are available year round. Opportunities include: program planning and implementation; leadership techniques and skills; budgetary processes; and, marketing and public relations. Interns receive $300/week stipend and housing is provided. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and Application for Internship. The Adobe Fill-In Form is not supported by Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Please use Internet Explorer. Mac computer users must first download the PDF to their computer before using the "Click to Email" feature. Download application here.